Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sustainable Societies-2nd Hypotheses

Below is the revised hypotheses for my SOSE Task: Sustainable Societies in History

This time around I kept a clearer focus on what was asked of me: What factors create a sustainable society, as in the original hypotheses, I felt that I went on to developing a model, which should be done later in the task. Thus it is a tad shorter than my original hypotheses.

Sustainable Societies
2nd Hypothesis
By Adam Chan

What factors create a sustainable society?

What is a sustainable society? Firstly, what do we consider sustainable? To sustain is to maintain, to not be in a precarious state or state of collapse. Therefore, a sustainable society is one which is in a stable state, and not under threat of collapse. There are three major components of sustainability; social, ecological and economic sustainability. The three of these factors contribute to whether a society is sustainable or not. If a society can achieve the sustainability of these three factors, then it can be considered a sustainable society.

No comments: